Thursday 6 March 2014

No.4

The Guide
by Ashvin Varghese

No.4

        Hello again and welcome back to my swashbuckling, gun slinging and eye opening adventure. As promised from the last episode, I am back, and boy do I have a good story to tell today. I would also want to apologize to the readers for the late update for No.4. I have been busy with some personal work; I think I am behind a day or so. To make up for the delay, I guess I have to write up a really good read this time, so here goes.

          As I said in the first paragraph I think I have a rather interesting story to share with all you dear people reading this. The day of my escaped started to be rather normal, boring mid-week day. You wake up and start your robot like ritual, wake up, have a coffee, get cleaned and off to the gym for a good work out. Well that’s the first 4 hours of the day for me at least. Anyway I start looking back at my materials that I have on this guide, especially the questions and decide to change them a little (applied for no.5 onwards), I also have this idea to change my parameters a bit, maybe by widening the spectrum of my search, to the opinions of foreign beauties on Malaysian men. I hope this gets your attention. But that’s for the future.

           Back to the present, I waste a good chunk of the day writing some other stuff that I am working on. I feel like going out at noon but the immense heat of the sun changes my mind. Malaysia is becoming a concrete oven. I wait till the sun moves to the opposite side of the hemisphere then I decide to go out to get some groceries. Shopping in the midweek is such bliss, no long queues when you pay for your items is always a plus. Anyhow I go out with the intention of trying to kill two birds with one stone, by trying to make my grocery shopping experience more entertaining by doing you guys a favour by finding new characters to interview.

           The base of operations for today was at my favourite mall by far, Mid Valley. Since the main purpose of me going there is to get groceries, my attire for the evening was rather sombre, leaning more to comfort. The first course of action I did as I reached Mid Valley was to head for the gents to get a good look at myself at the mirror for presentation sake (I am taking some of the tips form the past interviews, I also forgot to check myself before leaving the house). Feeling satisfied with what I see, I move in for the kill.

         I walk around Mid Valley like an aimless buffoon, scouring every floor. The place was practically empty; it’s the week day after all. I park myself at the cinema for some time hoping to get lucky. Ten minutes pass without any sign of a possible allegeable candidate, my morale diminishes and I decide to walk around one last time before I go get my groceries. I am here at the 3rd floor and I notice the place filled with couples. A panoramic view of couples from all ages, I don’t know why but this amuses me (my excuse for enjoying singlehood).

        My search goes on for a bit, near the food court I spot a really gorgeous woman sitting down and having dinner with her friend. This woman was really something else, physically perfect from every angle. Thinking about her face makes my heart race again, I literally come to a standstill, and I hesitated, I don’t know what to do, do I approach or not, I feel like running and I don’t know why. Like an idiot I stand there contemplating my decision. She continues to talk to her friend, she appears to enjoy the food and the conversation, her friend turns to the side a little and I get a look at her too. All I can say is, “DAYUMNNNN”. Her friend is equally good looking. I am thinking now, “shit, too much hotness in one table”, oh man, I ask myself if I am ready to approach and I get back nothing, my consciousness seems to have escaped my body. Impulsively, I briskly walk away. I have failed; the first failure to approach had come. While walking away I feel a wave of disappointment rush through me.

       I leave my failure at the 3rd floor and decide to move on to my groceries. On the way to the supermarket I acknowledge two women walking on the opposite side of me, my morale was low; hence I let them pass me so I can observe them. They seemed like an exciting bunch and that gave me some confidence, so I decide to move in. As always, I politely approached them from the side; presented myself and my purpose. At first they give me this, “honey, I aint interested” look.  Having failed once, I was not going let it happen twice in one day. It took some convincing and charm but in the end they agreed.

         Out of the duo one was No.4, I guess they had a mutual agreement on who was going to do the interview. The both of them happened to be cousins, a good looking pair at that. At first glance No.4 gives out this rather timid persona. Figuratively, No.4 possess a small frame of a body, petite is the appropriate way to put it. The highlight to No.4’s beauty has to be her eyes. She possesses this praline looking set of eyes which really suits her stature. It brings out the raw natural beauty of her. If you’re a kind of guy who enjoys looking at a woman’s eyes when they talk to you then No.4 fits the bill. Besides this, I find No.4 to have this rather interesting voice, slightly husky with a hint of cuteness to it, a heart melting combination.

          I think I have typed way too much here so let’s get on the fast track and straight on to the interview. On the attractive index No.4 places at number 1 (attractive), while on wealth index No.4 places herself at number 1 (Moderate income). I would like to add that No.4’s pretty cousin also contributed some of her views during the interview. I did not want to waste their time by interviewing them separately. No.4 happens to be an accounts student. The both of them are aged 19 (No.4) & 20 respectively.

Q&A Session

1.           What do you think about Malaysian men? Give your personal opinion based on your experience thus far.

No.4 claims that most guys between the ages of 18 to 22 seem to be less matured. I ask her what she means by less matured. No.4 finds that guys between this age range tend to take things for granted, they are not matured enough to grasp the responsibilities of adulthood. I guess this makes sense to some degree.


2.                  Based on your experience do you find it hard for guys to approach you?

No.4 humbles herself with her answer, she finds herself to be socially inclined and because of her nature she finds it hard for guys to approach her. That’s quite an innocent answer.

3.                  What’s your Ideal guy?

No.4 looks at her cousin; they discuss and come to a conclusion that one important quality of their ideal guy is someone who is educated, a man who has a degree to be accurate. My eyebrows rise in response, they tell me that they find that a good education foundation makes a person more matured; I guess that’s fair statement. Besides the education criteria, No.4 would like a man to be themselves, meaning that they don’t have an alter ego.

4.                  In your experience what is the worst way has a guy approached you?

In No.4’s experience, the worst way a guy has approached was by using with the, “you look kind of familiar” line. I laugh at this; I think I might be guilty here. She says that guys should never pull this if it’s not genuine. She finds it lame and unattractive. Write that down in your mind guys!

5.                  What do you think will put you off when a guy tries to approach you?

No.4 finds piercings and tattoos as a big no no, that something that might put her of in a guy, bummer I know. I can’t say much on this, you got to respect the her views.

6.                  Do you find it offensive when guys comment on how much makeup you wear?

I have gotten a mixed response for this question so far; No.4 on the other hand gave me a rather interesting view on this. She does not find it offensive because every guy has a different opinion or that people are naturally opinionated. She says these comments are constructive and would help her improve on the way she uses makeup. Kudos to her, I never really taught about it like this.

7.                  In real world Malaysia how would you like a guy to approach or court you?

No.4 takes some time with this question, she consults her cousin. She hesitates a bit. She says she would fall head over heels if a guy approaches her with a serenade. Imagine a guy whipping out a guitar and singing a nice song. Maybe just maybe. No.4 would also like a guy not to beat around the bush. More than one time this has been stated, beating around the bush does not get you anywhere period.

8.                  What kind of stereotype would you like to change that you think Malaysian men have?

No.4 wants to change the perception of men towards timid ladies. She strongly finds that most men tend to take advantage of her because of her timid stature and personality. She says most men tend to take advantage of a quiet woman. I think it’s a very point and more people should take notice on this.

Bonus Question

Define your view of paradise?

No.4’s view on paradise is by going to church and worshiping. Both of them agree to this. They explain to me that they have this euphoric feeling when they are at church and for that reason that’s paradise to them. Honestly I would never imagine an answer like that, it shocked me and made think of the simpler things in life.

         Dear readers if you have been avidly following this episode of this guide you will notice some differences with the structure of the questions compared from the past interviews. I am in the process of coming up with some new and interesting questions. I would appreciate if you guys have any questions in mind that you would like me to ask for future interviews.

          I think I have gone too long this time, so let’s conclude this episode of The Guide; I hope you guys enjoyed the read, please help me to improve your reading experience by giving me some feedback. Lastly I would like to thank No.4 and her cousin for lending me her time and valuable opinions and views.

 THE END.   

  
  

  





No comments:

Post a Comment